Nav Bar

Friday, July 23, 2010

Viktoria with Moves and a Martini Glass

I've decided to let you all in on one of my personal projects.  I'm not really sure where the inspiration came from and I'm surprised this idea even popped into my head but it did:  "The Personality of the Little Black Dress."  It seems all the women I know have a little black dress.  Sometimes it's a fall back option when nothing else works, other times it's their go to number when the night is important.

My concept involves that favourite black dress, a martini glass (a martini is also always available if the setting is right), and a hobby/profession all rolled into one or a series of shots...  

I've worked on this concept on and off for four years but the others didn't seem to come together as I had hoped (that's the one thing with personal projects is too often they find a place on the back burner unless you make a concerted effort to stay true to the concept).  Today was the first time "The Personality of the Little Black Dress" came together as I envisioned it on that hazy Saturday afternoon in 2006.                                                                                

One of the first people I approached with the concept was Viktoria.  Viktoria is a phenomenal dancer and that skill has taken her around the world.  She certainly knows how to move to the music.  Almost three years ago we started scheming on how to bring it all together.  Europe, cruise ships, and last minute hiccups (mostly on my end) foiled our previous attempts but earlier today we finally managed to get together for a shoot.



We didn't stop there though and with her friend Sarah providing a myriad of one-liners we spent a couple of hours laughing and shooting away.


It's amazing how quickly people get to know one another and modesty goes out the window when the strobes are firing and the personalities match.  Before long, it was like hanging out with old friends.




With Viktoria's open mind we were able to try a few concepts with water that really turned out well too and meant that the floor got a bit of a cleaning too




Great fun today...Hope we find another time to work together...


No comments: