Nav Bar

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sylwia in the Archives

Not long ago I was doing some work for Trade Secrets at Hamilton PC on a door hanger full of coupons that they are using to promote different services.  On of the benefits of having worked with a number of models in the past is that I have a bank of images I can draw on for my designs.  We used this smiling image of Sylwia for the bottom coupon offering new clients a 15% discount.



That shoot was aimed at trying a few different lighting strategies with using a black seemless paper backdrop (9.5 feet wide) and one light.


The shoot was a ton of fun because Sylwia is an absolute pleasure to work with and game for trying various poses as we played with the light.


Sylwia, who is entering enrolled in sciences at university, has a personality that just begs to be photographed and at her urging we played around with the lab coat, the textbooks, and the protective eye wear.


And I saved my favourite for last and also a lesson on why I rarely delete any of the photos I've taken.  The first time I went through these images I completely missed this image.   


Sylwia and I are planning getting together for another shoot soon and I'm looking forward to the results.

No comments: