Nav Bar

Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Family Shoot...

After a great weekend in Halifax, I was back in Saint John Sunday afternoon to shoot again.  I worked with Kevin and his family earlier this week.  Because Trevor was getting married this weekend (Congrats Trev, hope you're enjoying Moncton), a good deal of the The extended Family on Kevin's mother's side had arrived from all over the country.  Tracy called me and asked If I could help capture the moment.

When Tracy (mom #2 on the right) asked if I was available to shoot their extended family this Sunday, there was no way I could say anything but yes.  She had prepared so many of my meals, had taken me to a number of our games and practices and endured our late night entrances when we were finally of age.

I spent a good deal of my youth in the Scott house.  Kevin and I spent almost a decade playing hockey together and as blue line partners for a good number of those years.  He played that left side with a vengeance and when it came to a one on one I'd still put my money on Kev to come up with the puck.  There was more than Kev at the Scott house though and often we'd find ourselves engrossed in some sort of sporting competition with Trevor and Ben.  From launching to golf balls high over the trees to the Tennis court and the road hockey games we were always on the go and we were fiercely competitive.  Perhaps none more than the never-ending mini hockey games that would last until the wee hours of the morning.




When it came time for photos, this family was all business.  having spent a good portion of the previous day posing in wedding photos they had their looks down pat.  Though they wanted a nice memory, they also wanted to be done quickly.  In less than an hour we were able to shoot the family from a few individuals to the whole group.



One of the nice parts of shooting a family that is practically yours is the connection you already have with most of them and the beer and food they serve you after you're done...

No comments: