Nav Bar

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Personal Projects: Working with Monica


When it comes to photography, I'm not alone in the belief that personal projects are an essential component to the education and growth of a photographer.  I have a few artistic projects I'm currently perusing and I try to use local models when I can.  So coming home I got in touch with Monica through Model Mayhem.  

By day (or night depending on when she is called) Monica works in Moncton at a home for the elderly.  In her free time, she enjoys being in front of the camera.  She is naturally beautiful and has a certain "je ne sais quoi" when the shutter starts firing.  With an open mind and a free spirit, Monica was happy to collaborate. 

We decided that the only way to get a location suitable for our needs was to drive slightly out of Moncton up Hwy 126.  Just off the road was a lovely little secluded area with water, rocks and trees.  After we had a few great shots, I was able to experiment a little with different lenses from angles I wouldn't normally attempt during a paid shoot.  This is certainly one of the benefits of working TFCD (Time for CD in the industry).  Much like musicians, these models are use to the camera and relish the opportunity to have fun in front of the Lens.  Here are a few from the shoot (this is not the forum for my artistic projects but if you're interested in what I'm working on send me a quick message).





I think we really captured a few winners here and perhaps Monica and I will have the chance to work together again. 


Sunday night at 9pm, with help of Dave Connell at his studio in Saint John we have another artistic shoot coming up.  If you're interested in knowing a bit more about my artistic projects or perhaps becoming involved, let me know...

No comments: