Nav Bar

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eye on Whistler...

Even on a Cloudy and Hazy day in June Whistler is an amazing spot...  Thanks to my Aunt Donna on the way back from South Korea in 2005 I was fortunate enough to stop in Vancouver.  I remember the trip like it was yesterday, my uncle and I went out golfing one day which was a tremendous amount of fun.  The next day we headed to see great uncle Joe, a Korean War Vet who has since passed.  May he rest in peace.  I can personally attest to the fact that his sacrifices have left the people of South Korea at a standard of living far beyond those in the North could ever even dream of.


Later in the trip we went to Whistler.  These were taken only 6 months after I started shooting with a DSLR.  It's as hard to describe the beauty of Whistler as it is to capture it in a photograph.  I did my best at the time but mostly you just stand there in complete awe of the endless mountain range.


We traveled up the hill on a Gondola.  What a wonderful view in all directions as we climbed toward the top.


Snow at the peak in July, a temperature drop of more than 20 degrees between the bottom and the top.  Despite clearly seeing the white peaks, I was wearing only a soccer jersey.  Recognizing that was not nearly enough, Donna snuck in and picked up a nice whistler sweater for me.  below is a rare photo of yours truly when I was only sporting the goatee.


My only regret on that trip was not taking more photos of the beautiful British Columbia landscape on that wonderful trip!  I will next time to be sure but for now here are few from the top...



Before I end this post, I should also note that a few days later my younger cousin Alecia and I ran ruck-shod all over my uncle and aunt in a game of pick up basketball...  I hope Corey is around next time I get out there and I can't wait for the rematch!

No comments: