Nav Bar

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eye on Thailand: Quite a Trip...

For this post I went back to my first set of DSLR photos.  These photos are from a 2005 trip that I went on with Coman and where we met Tanya, Trystan, Cindy, Katarzyna, Owen, Macca, and Colin.  It was perhaps the most relaxing sojourn I've ever taken.  Camped in small cabins just off the beach with access to all the amenities you could ever ask for.

If you remember, this was only months after the Tsunami that left the country crippled.  Donations were flooding in but tourists were still slow to come back.  We were on the opposite side of where the main thrust landed and saw virtually no damage.

We did have an amazing time.  Snorkeling, climbing up to see an amazing falls, taking the trip over to Sunset Beach, and just embracing the food, the weather, and the excellent company.  I'm a big fan of Black and White photography and alot of my work veers that way but in Thailand it's very difficult to do justice to the lush colours of this beautiful land in that medium.  Here are some of the photos from that trip more than 5 years ago...











I've learned a lot since these photos were taken but some of these remain among my favourites.  Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did...

No comments: