Nav Bar

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Eye on London

Over the years I've passed through London a few times and only really stayed in the city for three nights.  It's just sooooo expensive.  The photos below are from the European adventure with my mother in 2007.  I hope sometime in the near future, I get to go back and enjoy more than the quick and dirty tour.


Outside of Buckingham palace, this is a tribute to the navy.  The exact name has escaped my memory but the wind ripping through the British sails at dusk really caught my eye.  I was thankful I had a tripod on that trip.


You can't go to London without taking in the ceremonial changing of the guard outside of Buckingham Palace.  I think my mother said it best, though, when she suggested "I'm glad I saw it and I'll never do that again."


Isn't this just the type of bobby you expect...right out of Coronation Street me thinks...


Can you really go to London and not take a photo of the red phone boxes?  



Can't leave out the underground...



I'll end with an unconventional photo.  On the River Cruise of he Thames they pointed out this tower.  In the early 1920s London had a ban on large advertisements high in the air so the owners of OXO "coincidentally" built the windows to advertise the name.  

No comments: